The transceiver consists of two sections: a 1310nm FP laser transmitter, a PIN photodiode integrated with a trans-impedance amplifier (TIA). The transceiver satisfies class1 laser safety requirements.
The transceiver is compatible with SFP Multi-Source Agreement (MSA) and SFF-8472. For further information, please refer to SFP MSA.
- Up to 155Mbps data rate
- Single LC receptacle optical interface compliant
- Single +3.3V power supply
- DDM function implemented, Internal calibration
- Receiver Loss of Signal Output
- AC coupling of PECL signals
- Serial ID module on MOD(0-2)
- International Class 1 laser safety certified
- Transmitter disable input
- Operating temperature range: -40℃ ~ 85℃
- RoHS Compliance
- Fast Ethernet
- Metropolitan area network
- Other optic link
- Compliant with SFP MSA (INF-8074i)
- Compliant with SFF-8472 v9.5
- Compliant with ITU-T G.957 STM-1
Absolute Maximum Ratings
|Power Supply Voltage||Vcc||-0.5||4||V|
|Storage Temperature Range||Ts||-40||85||°C|
Recommended Operating Conditions
|Case Operating Temperature Range||Tc||-40||85||°C|
|Power Supply Voltage||Vcc||3.14||3.3||3.47||V|
|Differential Input Voltage||VIN||400||2000||mV|
|Differential output Voltage||VOUT||600||800||mV|
TSC SFP transceiver is designed to be Class 1 Laser safety compliant and is certified per the following standards.
|ISO9001||GB/T 19001-2008/ISO 9001:2008||01 100 1532944|
|ISO14001||ISO 14001:2015||01 104 1532944|
|TUV-MARK||EN 60950-1:2006+A11+A1+A12+A2||R 50251968|
|CE-EMC||EN 55022: 2010||AE 50319239 0001|
|EN 55024: 2010|
|REACH||REACH SVHC 169||1150009645a3 002|
|FCC||FCC Rules and Regulations Part 15 Subpart B Class B||MTi160830E86C|
Optical and Electrical Characteristics
|Center Wavelength Range||λc||1260||1310||1360||nm||FP-LD|
|Launch Optical Power||Pout||-15||-8||dBm||20km 1310nm FP-LD|
|Relative Intensity Noise||RIN||-120||dB/Hz||2|
|Eye Diagram||Complies with ITU-T G.957 STM-1 eye masks when filtered|
|Optical Rise/Fall Time||Trise/Tfall||3||ns||3|
|Loss of Signal-Asserted||LOS-A||-45||dBm|
|Loss of Signal-Deasserted||LOS-D||-32||dBm|
- For the jitter measurements, the device was driven with SONET OC-3 data pattern with 223-1 PBRS payload
- RIN is the laser noise, integrated over a specified bandwidth, measured relative to average optical power with 12dB return loss. For multimode application, the RIN is better than -117dB/Hz.
- Optical transition time is the time interval required for the rising or falling edge of an optical pulse to transition between the 20% and 80% amplitudes relative to the logical 1 and 0 levels.
- Measured with a PRBS 223-1 test pattern, @155Mb/s, EX=10dB, BER<10-10.
- The LOS Hysteresis to minimize “chatter” on the output line. In principle, Hysteresis alone does not guarantee chatter-free operation.
|Pin||Signal Name||Description||Plug Seq.||Notes|
|2||Tx_Fault||Transmitter Fault Indication||3||1|
|4||MOD_DEF(2)||SDA Serial Data Signal||3||3|
|5||MOD_DEF(1)||SCL Serial Clock Signal||3||3|
|7||Rate Select||Not Connected||3|
|8||LOS||Loss of Signal||3||4|
|12||RD-||Inv. Received Data Out||3||5|
|13||RD+||Received Data Out||3||5|
|15||VccR||Receiver Power Supply||2|
|16||VccT||Transmitter Power Supply||2|
|18||TD+||Transmit Data In||3||6|
|19||TD-||Inv. Transmit Data In||3||6|
- Tx Fault is open collector output which should be pulled up with a 4.7kΩ~10kΩ resistor on the host board to a voltage between 2.0V and Vcc+0.3V. Logic 0 indicates normal operation; Logic 1 indicates a laser fault of some kind. In the low state, the output will be pulled to less than 0.8V.
- Tx Disable input is used to shut down the transmitter optical output. It is pulled up within the module with a 4.7kΩ~10kΩ resistor. Its states are:
Low (0 to 0.8V): Transmitter on
Between (>0.8V, < 2.0V): Undefined
High (2.0 to 3.47V): Transmitter Disabled
Open: Transmitter Disabled
- Mod-Def 0,1,2. These are the module definition pins. They should be pulled up with a 4.7kΩ~10kΩ resistor on the host board to supply less than VccT+0.3V or VccR+0.3V.
Mod-Def 0 is grounded by the module to indicate that the module is present.
Mod-Def 1 is the clock line of two wire serial interface for serial ID.
Mod-Def 2 is the data line of two wire serial interface for serial ID.
- LOS is an open collector output which should be pulled up with a 4.7kΩ~10kΩ resistor. Pull up voltage between 2.0V and Vcc+0.3V. Logic 1 indicates loss of signal; Logic 0 indicates normal operation. In the low state, the output will be pulled to less than 0.8V.
- RD-/+: These are the differential receiver outputs. They are internally AC-coupled 100Ω differential lines which should be terminated with 100Ω (differential) at the user SERDES.
- TD-/+: These are the differential transmitter inputs. They are internally AC-coupled differential lines with 100Ω differential termination inside the module. The AC-coupling is done inside the module and is thus not required on host board.
|Part Number||Product Description|
|DCN-SFP-FS-20||SFP, 155Mbps, 1310nm, SM 20km, -40ºC~85ºC, With DDM|